This step-by-step tutorial will show you how easy and quickly it is for your business to be visible in Google+ sea. It’s not a secret – Google loves everything that has to do with Google. If you are familiar with SEO, you know how important is to be found online, to have good quality links pointing back to your website. Well, Google+ does help with that! First, you have to be there, most importantly – your company needs to be there. And please keep in mind that ‘social’ means ‘interact’, ‘share’ with people, so don’t just register account and leave. Be active, there is so much to do, so much to explore, so much to share.
“See how businesses around the globe are using Google+ to get noticed, enhance their ads, and connect with their audience.”
Some Facts About Google+ :
1M+ Business and brand pages created in the first 6 months.
400M+ Google+ users and growing fast
5-10% Clickthrough rate uplift for socially-enhanced Search ads
Lets get started:
1. Go to https://plus.google.com/pages/create.
Also, before you start this process, make sure you have gmail account.
Pick your category – Local Business or Place, Product or Brand, Company, Institution or or Organization, Arts, Entertainment or Sports, Other.
2. Each category will require you to choose either a country your business is located in or to select a category.
Note: For Local Business or Place category you need to provide phone number associated with your business. If there is no results for number you have typed in, Google gives you two options to choose from:
3. Adding info
Here you would need to choose a name of your business and list your external website, if you have one.
If you already have personal Google+ account, you might be thinking Google+ Pages and Google+ Profiles are the same thing. No, it is not.
In Google words:
“Pages are extremely similar to profiles, but they have some key differences:
- Pages can’t add people to circles until the page is added first or mentioned.
- Pages can be made for a variety of different entities whereas profiles can only be made for people.
- The default privacy setting for elements on your page profile is public.
- Pages can’t +1 other pages, nor can they +1 stuff on the Web. (But like profiles, they can +1 inside Google+.)
- Pages can’t play games.
- Pages don’t have the option to share to ‘Extended circles’.
- Pages can’t hangout on a mobile device.
- Local pages have special fields that help people find the business’ physical location. Learn more about local pages.”
This will get you started. After you fill your information, just go ahead and start exploring Google+!
How to promote your product or service on Google+, how to share things in Google+, should you create a local Google+ page for your company? All this and more is coming soon. Stay connected and lets share :)